Regular file folders are used as a base to create this fantastic homeschool resource. Additional “mini-books” are then added throughout the base to organize and present the information on any topic.
Lapbooks are an educational scrapbook of your studies.
Lapbooking trains students to process, assimilate and share important information.
The mini-books that are put together throughout the lapbooking process provide a terrific visual method of “chunking” information in appropriate sections. This skill not only helps students retain what they are learning, but is a skill that will continue to be useful to them long after their lapbooking days have passed!
Lapbooks also make great tools for review and for recording all that you have studied in your homeschool journey.
Using lapbooking as an educational tool in your family homeschool can change the whole atmosphere in your school day. A few of the added benefits include the following:
- Lapbooking is FUN!
- Lapbooking is CREATIVE
- Great for Special Needs Learning
- Hands on activities help students retain what they learn
- Terrific resource for REVIEW
- It’s AFFORDABLE
- Lapbooking highlights the most important information on a subject
- It teaches organizational skills useful in studies & throughout life
- It is FLEXIBLE! Use it in a way that works best for your family or child
- Lapbooks make a GREAT PRESENTATIONS of work (for grandparents or state agencies)
A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks has Stand-Alone lapbooks that need no other curriculum. We also have Curriculum lapbooks to accompany your studies for many of your favorite homeschool companies, such as Classical Conversations, Jeannie Fulbright/Apologia, Jay Wile's science, A History of Us, and many others.